Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Overdue Update


So I have sorely neglected this blog...but I don't think many read this anyway. I am updating and hope to keep updating so that I can read back and remind myself of everything, as time is flying incredible fast and life seems a blur at times! My son is almost a year old! Where has all the time gone, i have no idea. All I do know is that it has been one fun ride. Even through the few sleepless nights and the teething, sickness, and even when I didn't know what I was really doing and winging it, it has been a blast and I thank God for every mili-second of motherhood. It was all I ever wanted and struggled for 5 years, and it was worth it all!!!

My son is 10 months, almost 11 months, and is my reason for being! The emotions are hard to decribe when I look into his cute chubby face...brings tears to my eyes often. I stare at him, at pictures of him and I am still in awe that he is all mine, that he came from me. He has many nicknames but one of my favorite is Sphaghetti. He is far from being a spaghetti noodle, but it is such a cute nickname! He is a big boy, he weighed 24lbs at his 9 month check in January. He hasn't gained to much weight i think since then, but i would guess that he now weighs about 25lbs. He finally crawls - "Army style" but has good leg strength. He is most happiest in his jumper. His personality is starting to come through, and he will be alot like his father! He loves to 'terrorize' the family dog at his grandparents (my in-laws) on sunny days. They take him out into the backyard in his walker and he loves to mess with the dog. Poor dog, I like animals, but I don't feel to sorry for this dog, as he owes me a few! lol My son loves to bump and drag the dog's food dish, and shows no fear of the dog when he barks at my son...in fact, i think Spaghetti laughs! My hubby used to terrorize the animals on his grandmother's little farm in Guatemala when he was a baby too...so like father like son!

I was very blessed and baby has slept through the night with no night feedings since he was 3 months. At 2 months he was going 8-9 hours and only feeding once. So by 3 months he was going 10-12 hour stretches! He always had a healthy appetite so he took in all of his formula intake during the day, so he didn't need to wake up to eat in the middle of the night. Once we got passed his acid reflux at 3.5 months, he was the happiest of babies. I was lucky enough to stay home with him until 4 months before i had to go back out to work force, so I did my best to get him on a schedule/routine so that it would be smooth transistion. FOr the most part it was. Luckly for us, my in-laws were able to watch him while we worked so it was a little adjustment for them for about a month. But once they got a routine that worked it was great. Right before I went back to work, I was having problem getting my son to Nap...all of a sudden he was refusing to nap. I had just started to get him on a routine and getting him to nap, when I went back to work and my progress went out the window. It took a little longer for my mother in law to get him on a napping schedule, but eventually it worked out. Most days he takes 2 good naps and he is in bed by 8 almost every night. If he had a bad day of little napping, he is in bed by 7:30. and while he may cry out once or twice, he settles himself back down on his own, unless, he can't find his pacifier...or he is sick.

He has been teething in the last couple of weeks. His first 2 teeth came in October and nothing else since then, until last month. His first top tooth came out and after coming in half way, his second top tooth also started to pop through, followed by 3 other teeth...AT THE SAME TIME! Poor little guy! In his 10 months of life so far, 1 bout of stomach viras, 1 double ear infection (both in January), 2 bad colds, and a few occasions were he had a runny nose, but overall has been pretty healthy. It does seem like he has had some sort of cold since December, but it has been a cold and wet winter! The hubby and I have had our fair share of sickness too... we also had the stomach virus and have had some sort of cold off and on for the last 2 months.

All in all it has been an amazing and awesome ride, being a mom! My Spaghetti is the best baby and so well worth the fight and wait for him to come to us. He will make a great big brother...soon we hope!

We will once again saddle up and attempt to concieve another baby in a few months. We hope for one more to complete our family. I am blessed and I pray to get lucky the 2nd time around!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I need help and ideas to start a new website?
[url=http://bonus365pt.blogspot.com/]bet365 bonus[/url] [url=http://bonus2013nl.blogspot.com]bwin[/url]
[url=http://bonus2013cz.blogspot.com]bwin bonus[/url] [url=http://bonus-2013-italy.blogspot.com/]bwin bonus[/url]