Monday, March 24, 2008

Random Thought: JLo's twins & ART

I picked up the People magazine with Jennifer Lopez and her precious twins on the cover. I couldn't help it, not only am I slightly obsessed with twins (LOL), but I like a majority of people out there are curious about celebrities and their babies! I had heard about it all week long about JLo and her twins, and all the questions about did she really or did she really not do IVF or some other form of ART (Assisted Reproductive Technology) and here is my own opinion on that: Why should anyone care!?!?!?! LOL Okay, some of us do care! I am happy for her, if she and her husband have been trying for a while, I'm happy she is now able to enjoy raising her children.  

If she did or she didn't, what does it matter, she has the babies she has been wanting for some time now, isn't that enough? I don't hear those questions being raised about Angelina Jolie's supposedly twin pregnancy, so why is it a question in Jennifer Lopez twin birth?? Twins can result in any natural conception and is fairly common. I just find it fairly interesting though.  For me, being Fertility Challenged, if she did do some form of ART and is denying it like it should be some shameful secret, then yeah it is sad that as a woman we must feel some sort of shame in admitting we need assistance in reproduction.  It isn't easy to admit and some are more open than others. I find myself starting to feel more comfortable admitting that my husband and I are having to resort to not-so-natural methods to achieve pregnancy.  I know other women who are open about it from the beginning and others that are like myself and not so very open about our fertility challenges.

I have come across other women, some that are fertility challenged and some that are not, who feel that JLo is denying she had some sort of ART assistance and feel put off that she is denying it. I find this funny because who decides that JLo has to publicly admit she had ART assistance if she indeed had some assistance? Why can't she keep this to herself? Sure she is a celebrity and could do a lot of good and shine some light in a very private quiet battle of so many women around the world. But don't we all choose if we are public or not about our battles with infertility? Besides, twins runs in her and her husband's families, why is it so hard to believe these were naturally conceived twins?

Maybe because of her age and the fact that they are a perfect little boy and a little girl! LOL Yes in the back of mind, IVF w/ PGD screamed out in my head... LOL but again, if she did or if she didn't, the end result is that she was blessed with two beautiful precious angels. I only hope to be as lucky as she and other mothers (fertility challenged or not) and soon will hold a precious baby or two of my own in my arms. And all I know is that, I wish I could look as great as she does so soon after i have my babies too!!! LOL She looked amazing, although I don't think I would have the energy to dress up an a beautiful gown to feed my babies.... unless she lends me her personal trainer, at least one of her mother's helpers, and the group of stylists she has working for her.... then maybe I can look almost as good!! LOL 

I joke of course! I congratulate her and all new mammas!! I also wish her babies luck as they, along with so many other celebrity babies, grow up in the microscope of the newfound career that is being paparazzi......

Happy Spring!!!


No comments: