Wednesday, April 23, 2008

I can't believe I paid....

$40 for gas!!!! Now I know that is cheap compared to other cars...like my husband who pays almost twice that amount!! I drive a Honda Civic and haven't had to pay more than $30 for gas in the recent years that Gas price have slowly gone up!! I was surprised to see that my last trip to the pump it was almost $40!!! I remember the good ol' days were I was paying $15-20 for a full tank of gas!!! When will it stop? I know the price of living goes up and once it does, it won't come down! Dh and I are thinking of trading his blazer for a more gas efficient car. I would hate to see the blazer go, I love that car, but it is costing us too much in gas! As we are trying to save $$$ where we can as we want to move onto IVF soon, it makes sense to help save in gas each week!!

I even have considered public transportation to get to work, but even that comes out to the same thing I pay for gas, there is no savings in doing so. I mean, yes, it will help the environment. And i'm all for helping any way i can, as I recycle my plastics, try to re-use my plastic grocery bags, and don't drive unless we have to on the weekends, but if there is no savings in using public transportation, I'm not going to do it! I would be have to rely on an unreliable bus system to get from the BART station to my office, and BART system is usually reliable, but not always! And as gas prices go up, so are transportation costs! BART is set to raise their fares again soon.... it isn't very tempting to switch!

Okay i'm through with my random rant! LOL I just couldn't believe that the pump said $38.75 this morning!!!! You would also think that would have made me drive slower than usual, or at least drive the speed limit.... 70 miles/hour is a bit fast... i can make it stretch if I go 60-65 miles/hour!! LOL that won't be a problem if i wasn't late all the time!!! LOL okay enough with my ramble......

1 comment:

Polly Gamwich said...

I too have a Honda Civic and I too was blown away by putting $40 in it recently!!! ARGH!! Luckily, I get to take Caltrain to work and DH and I share one car ... so we're saving the environment (pat us on the backs! truth is we're waiting to have a family in order to buy a FAMILY car ... it's so sad)

Hope you're doing well ... when are you going to do IVF? Any ideas?