Thursday, July 10, 2008

A trip to Labor & Delivery....

My sister will be 38 weeks pregnant this Sunday....wow time flies!!!! She is going to have a big baby too, as my sister is pretty big...and looks so adorable pregnant. It still trips me out that my kid sister is going to have a baby!!! We are anxiously awaiting the birth of my Niece Alyssa, and she is all ready being dramatic and seeking attention from inside her mother's womb!!! I stopped by my parent's house yesterday evening after working really late, as my sister wasn't feeling too well and I was a bit concerned.......AND........ I wanted to remain in an area with cooler weather. I was not tempted to drive into 98 degree weather when I can linger in 75 degree weather!!

So we were concerned because my sister had not really felt the baby move in a few hours, and even after trying some of the tricks that get the baby going, the baby still didn't move much.  On Monday, my sister on her way to her Dr. appointment with her fiance, were hit by another car. It was a strong enough impact that it caused airbag to deploy on her fiance, who was driving. Thank God that my sister's air bag didn't deploy. Thanks to God that no one was injured and she felt fine and the baby continued to move like normal and even got a little excited as she was pretty active most of the day. She did call her Dr. but they told her it was okay not to come in since she felt fine and could feel plenty of movement from the baby. I on the other hand have been nervous since then!!! So I really encouraged her to call the Dr. on call last night to see what they said, after all, it is better to be safe and overly cautious than to be really sorry. 

So we went and they hooked her up to check baby's heart rate, and she had a nice strong heart beat. My sister had also been feeling unusual pains and not sure if they were contractions or not. My poor sister is over analyzing everything, and it is hard to tell for her....especially since she is soooo close! Anywho, all is well, no contractions were registered and the baby's heart beat was fine. It was so weird to hear that heart beating.... it is amazing there is a whole new human being inside my sister.  It is truly a miracle! I keep telling my niece to make her entrance on a friday afternoon.... so I won't have to miss work!! LOL  That way I could spend an entire weekend with her! Let's see if she listens!!

It is amazing that my niece will almost be here, just as I start my journey in having my own family.  AF arrived in town so now we can move forward with IVF!! The loan is all in place and we are ready to go! I will start birth control pills again later today, and will start  Lupron injections next Thursday, and the following Thursday (2 weeks from today) I will Follistim injections to begin stimulating my ovaries into action. They have been pretty quiet for over a year now, so hopefully they won't take to long to begin producing and hopefully they don't get too excited and produce too fast! If all goes well, I will have Egg Retrieval (ER) on or around August 6th and Embryo Transfer (ET) either August 9 for a 3DT (day transfer) or August 11 for a 5DT.  I am hopeful that it will work, we will transfer 2 embryos at the most, unless they are really bad quality.  We don't expect that to be my case so 2 babies to transfer to their home sweet home! 

I do believe that there is a time for everything, and I am very hopeful that my time is rapidly approaching. With my sister having a baby, my baby(ies) will have a cousin to play with and be close too. I was so afraid my poor baby(ies) would be alone and not have any close cousins to play with or be close too! I have cousins (they are sisters) who have had kids really close to each other.. one set of cousins babies are 6 months apart, and another set of cousins who's kiddos are a year apart, and these cousins are so close to one another, it is really adorable.  I will also have hand-me-downs too!!! A lot to look forward too!! Hopefully the next trip to Labor and Delivery is to watch the miracle that is my niece, be born!!

1 comment:

Polly Gamwich said...

HOLY cow!! I'm so glad your sis is safe ... that scared me reading that story!

And your IVF is HEEEEREE!! Yippee!

We will by cycling around the same time. My next cycle is as follows: I've been on BCP's for 2 weeks, I start shots in 3 weeks, I do 30 days of shots ... so my ER is on 8/28 or 8/29. So by the time I'm going in for ER - you'll have your BFP ;-)

Hugs sister!