Monday, September 8, 2008

The Waiting Game

Life is all about waiting. Infertility is definitely the biggest Waiting game I have played! It certainly tries your patience too! As I sit here being 6 weeks and 3 days pregnant, I wait to see if indeed my baby or babies are really sticking around! I was to have an ultra sound this afternoon to see if my babies would have heartbeats, but it was not to be. Dr. had some complication during a surgical procedure she was doing and had to reschedule! So more waiting!!! Well at least i have a more probable chance of seeing a heart beat.... a baby's heart beat usually is seen via ultra sound anytime between week 6 and 7 of pregnancy.  I have heard of many women going in during their 6th week and see not heart beat, only to go a week later to see it beating beautifully away. So I now sit and wait, patiently wait!!

It has been a few weeks and I'm still having my pregnancy register with me. There are times that I can't believe i'm pregnant after 5 long painful years of struggle.  I do hate that I do know too much information and worry over all the things that could go wrong! The pregnancy symptoms I feel reassure me most times that all is well and I actually have a baby, or two (or even 3) growing inside my belly.  But some nites it is still hard to really really believe it.  Especially when there is cramping.

Now cramping I know very well is very normal in early pregnancy, but it still causes me to worry just a little bit. I have great fears that the rug will get pulled from under me. But even in my moments of fear, i pray to God, to Jesus, to Mary and all Saints that all is well and I am indeed going to have my babies!! I do believe, even when I express my doubts and fears, I do Believe!!! 

Now I just wait to confirm that my fears have all been for no reason necessary, and my babies will have beautiful heart beating on Wednesday... the all familiar Waiting game i will play patiently until Wednesday afternoon!! 

No comments: