Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Can't help but to ask Why....

I was talking to a really good friend of mine today, and I found out that she found out she has a lump in her breast. She has to get a biopsy and she isn't doing too well about that discovery. She is such a strong, healthy woman whom I admire. Now she finds herself unsure of what is next to come. Of course we are both optimistic that it will be nothing, but the not knowing is what drives you crazy. I sure hope I can help her through this long wait until she gets finals results. I truly know and understand where she is right now. I have been there myself. Full of optimism, but still feeling anxious about getting those results. She tried very hard to be there for me when I went through the same wait and then when diagnosed with cancer, she was very supportive and I just knew she was there for me. I hope to be able to be there for her. She now knows what i was going through and I know what she is going through. I sure hope I can be there for her and help her through this.

Many times, just being there for a friend is more than enough, but you as the friend feel like you should be doing more but just don't know how or what to do for your friend. We will remain positive and will get good and welcoming results. Despite having been diagnosed w/ Cancer, I and everyone in my support system remained positive and at the end of treatment, we got positive welcoming results. I still can't help but to wonder why it has to happen. Why is it that good people get tested in this way. It always seems that people who do not take care of themselves very well live long lives with very little health problems.

I also ask why, why do we have to go through something like this. I feel like I'm a stronger person having been through what I have been through. Now I can be there for my friend. I will be there for her from beginning to end and through it all will be there to help her see it to the end, and be victorious!! It will be hard because it is a hard journey to go through for anyone and everyone involved. Because we are all different, I'm sure that my friend will experience some things I didn't, but in the end I will stand by my friend. Many women, including my mom, have found bumps of all sizes in their breasts and either it turns out to be nothing (as it was in my mom's case) or it is successfully treated and they go on to live a long happy life.

I just wish it didn't have to happen to my friend or anyone for that matter. It's just hard not to question why when it happens to a person who deals with so much and handles too much and is there for everyone when no one seems to ever be there for her. Maybe this is just a little reminder to her that she needs to start taking care of herself more and take care of other's a little less. For a brief moment I do feel helpless I admit, while I have been down this road myself, when it happens to someone your care, admire and love, you wish it wasn't happening to them. But in the end, while our hope and faith are tested, we are all certainly still have faith and hope that it will be all right.

This is just another reminder to me that I better get my act together and finally do what i have to do professionally....procrastination is an ugly thing....but more on that some other time....For now, I will be supportive in any way that I can to my friend....

No comments: