Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Third time is the charm.......

I'm a little anxious, excited, nervous.... I'm now on Cycle Day(CD)3 and will start my Follistim injections tonight. This will be our 3rd and most likely final attempt trying to conceive using the IUI method. If it's unsuccessful, we will most likely move onto IVF in the Fall.... I sure wish this IUI attempt works! I am very hopeful but I am also trying to prepare myself for the worst. It will be very hard to go through this again and get a negative pregnancy test again. It is all a gamble I know, but when you have been 'playing' as long as I have, it gets harder and harder to not win...just once.

I have told close family and friends that I have started a new treatment cycle. We had done our last cycle in complete secrecy...no one knew anything and that was not too hard, but it would have been helpful to me emotionally if I had shared it with someone. I took the news really hard when my Dr. called and told me the pregnancy test was negative. I really like my Dr. I can tell she really didn't want to call me with the negative results. I usually hear from her between 12 & 2 pm, that day she didnt call until almost 5pm. It would have been nice to have the option of calling on someone. Don't get me wrong, my husband was wonderful and was there for me...but he was able to bounce back and begin to look forward again. I on the other hand, needed to dwell on "what almost was" a little longer. So I figure if a few more people know about it, I will have that much more prayers said on our behalf and we will be blessed sooner rather than later.....

My first u/s check will be on Sunday. I was surprised that the Dr. wanted me to start taking 125 units, i thought she would have started me off with lower dose, but i trust she knows what she is doing. I hate needles...good think my hubby enjoys poking me. Makes it so much easier. Let's see how many little follies I end up with this time. Last time my ovaries were super producers and produced 8 follies....all i need is one good one..... but we'll see.

It will be a very interesting journey as I try not to over analyze every little funny feeling.... but it will be fine I'm sure. All I'm asking for is for 1 healthy baby... we can always adopt at a later date, but for now, I'm sure praying for a positive pregnancy test, healthy pregnancy, and one healthy baby... or 2.....=-)I am hoping 3rd time is the charm for us.......we will have to wait and see!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cara - Good Luck and Babydust!!! I hope and pray that this time works for you!

Kathy