Wednesday, October 31, 2007

What a day!!

Today is a great day for so many reasons!!! One, the BIG QUAKE didn't strike!! (hahaha a little morbid joke) 2, it's Halloween!!!!!!!! I love Halloween!!! I didn't dress up this year like other years....hopefully next year! and 3, the most important reason, I got a KITCHENAID MIXER!!! Christmas arrived early for me! My boss who is a great friend of mine, walked in this morning with a nicely wrapped box. The wrapping was a solid red (she couldn't find christmas wrapping can you believe it?) and told me i could open it or wait till christmas!!! Which is a big joke because i have no concept of delayed gratification!! But because she said it was for me and my hubby i was a good wife i called and asked him if it was okay to open! He knows me too well! His first and constant question was "what is it?" even though i had told him it was OUR gift and I didn't open it yet!! heeheeheee

So while he was on speaker phone i opened up the big red present! Low and behold it was a gray/chrome mixer staring back at me. My hubby knew was it was before we could tell him (by this time my friend was standing by my desk watching me open the gift!) I felt like a kid on Christmas morning and opening what i had wanted for christmas from Santa!!! I couldn't believe she had bought me this wonderful and expensive gift!!! Her reasoning for giving it to me now is that I will need to do my baking for thanksgiving. Which is true. My hand held mixer i had broke and was in the process of looking for one because i would be needing it! Now i will have a bakefest!!! I did what was natural, I cried!!! I hugged her and thanked her. I feel so blessed she is in my life and that she is our friend! By the way this is the same friend who was diagnosed w/ breast cancer early summer....how could she be buying me such a gift? I am wondering if she knows about her surprise b-day party i have been planning with her mom for hte last month!..hmmmm i guess I'll find out AFTER her party!

I am feeling so lucky and looking forward! What a Halloween to remember!!!!

No comments: