Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Rain....

I can't believe how much rain we are getting. It seems like it has rained every day this month! It doesn't happen often, but it does, but it's been a while since it has rained this much. Part of me wants it to go away, it is making me depressed!! Well just staring at it from the inside is making me depressed! I enjoy the rain usually and was feeling bummed that I was feeling bummed about the rain. It is said that people tend to get more depressed during the winter due to the weather, and I believe it! I've been feeling so gloomy and couldn't explain why I just couldn't get out of my funk. Then it hit after watching people walk in and out of my office building with their umbrellas.... the rain is the reason!!

Then a funny thing happened. I had to walk down to mailbox to mail off some documents for work, when I walked out of their office it started to rain a little harder. I found myself walking in the rain. I hadn't walked in the rain in a long, long time. I have ran in the rain trying to get to my car into my office without getting too wet. It had been a long time since I just ENJOYED the rain! I found myself giggling like a little girl! If I had had better shoes on  I would have walked longer in the rain, if I had better head protection I would have walked in the rain. It was the strangest sensation of walking in the rain, enjoying the rain and feeling like I was 10 years old again! The feeling of the rain against my face, the puddles on the floor..... I really did want to jump in them too...... wow, I hadn't felt that carefree in a long time. It was cold, but I didn't care. Ahhhhhh...... to be 10 again! 

So maybe now I can hold onto that feeling and start feeling like myself and get out of this funky mood I have found myself in.......... I'm going to walk slowly through the rain....

1 comment:

Polly Gamwich said...

Now that is living! IF will steal your life away ... but living in the present - enjoying the rain - will really allow you to get back to the wonderful things life has! So glad you've been blessed by the little things!