Monday, June 11, 2007

Let the countdown begin

If all goes according to my planning, IUI should occur by this upcoming weekend. I had my first ultra-sound check yesterday morning and YAY!! I did inject myself correctly and my ovaries are producing.. I had about 10-15 follicles in each ovary. I think i had at least 4 follies measuring 8 or 9 and the smallest measuring 5. I will go back in tomorrow morning for another ultra-sound check and we'll see what my Dr.s suggestion is. They left me on the same dose of 125iu of follistim. Thank goodness my hubby is home so he can resume his duty and take over injections. They were not fun!! And last nite, i don't know why or what i did, I must have really injected myself in my muscle, because after giving myself the injection for about a good half hour after it hurt to move and flex my arms. I know that some women don't do injections in their arms, i think maybe the thigh area is a little more common. But since the begining my Dr. has had me do injections in my arms. Apparently it isn't very common because when we did our first cycle, when i asked the nurse where i should do the last "Trigger" shot, they were surprised to find out i was having the injections done in the my arms.

Anywho... So no more self injections and hopefully IUI will be done Saturday or Sunday!! Wooo Hooo!! I'll know more after tomorrow's ultra-sound check. That is all for now..i'm exhausted and i'm leaving for home now. My hubby didn't get in until almost 4 am and I had trouble sleeping until he got home. I have suffered from sleep deprivation since Friday night, but iwas really bad last night. I was up until 1 am folding laundry and finishing up some house work... I can't even believe...ME up at 1 am doing house work... i just wasn't sleepy or tired...finally i just took a nice warm shower (it was pretty warm last nite) and that finally helped me fall to sleep.... only to wake up at 2 and then at 3 am and i didn't fall back to sleep until after hubby came home. As soon as we curled up together..i was out and fast asleep. So deeply i didn't even hear my alarm go off. Took my temp anyway just to stay in habit, an hour later, but it had to be taken at 7 since i have tohave 3 hours of consecutive sleep... So i'm off to deal with hopefully minimal traffic and I will definitely will be asleep early tonite!!!!Adios for now!!

No comments: