Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Waiting Game

Life is all about waiting. We wait to grow up, wait to finish school, we wait to meet that perfect someone, we wait to start a family, wait to get pregnant, then wait for baby to be born, then wait for them to grow up. I am now waiting to find out if our latest treatment worked and we are pregnant. We had our IUI (Intra Uterin Insmeination) Saturday and it went well. Looks promising...but now I have to wait to see if it workd and we get pregnant. I will go in for bloodwork Saturday June 30th. I am so very hopefull that it works this time. We have been waiting for so long, trying for so long. We just are hoping for one healthy baby. I really don't want to move on to IVF(In-Vitro Fertilization) because it is so costly and there are no guarantees. We will have to wait and see.

So far I don't feel much. I do feel slightly bloated, but not as much as the last time we did an IUI cycle. The last time we tried was in February and by 4 days after IUI, I was so bloated I looked like i was 5 months pregnant. I feel some stretching in my uterus and some slight bloatiness, but not much else. Almost like the first time we tried IUI. I really didn't feel too bloated past the day of the IUI, not until a few days before our pregnancy test did i start to feel different. So now I will wait for next week and hope i have some indication that I am pregnant. One long wait!!!

So I sit tight and wait...hoping the next wait is to await the birth of our baby!! Praying for that wait!!

No comments: